Project 8X4

broony

• 3 weeks later...

A wee update on the Peng Jian,grooved the front brake shoes and turned the front wheel round

so the cable has a better run and fitted a domino lever,it know stops.Changed the fork oil-helped

(will make spacers for the springs).Had a trial today with the Lothian trials club,best trial I've had 

so far on the bike.The wee bike was great and had plenty of grip in the tricky conditions.One complaint I 

have is that it doesn't use any fuel,seriously its brilliant on fuel.  

cheers the noo  Brian

• Like 1

I always groove my TY shoes in X patern with a 3/16 file down to the metal. I never had problem and I think they work ok for a 75 Yamaha.

Guy

I would be doubtful whether going right down to the metal was the best idea - leaves too much trust in the bonding of the shoe material to the shoe metal over the whole shoe..........

Edited by laird387
  • Like 3

I normaly use genuine pads but the last set I bought where not ( i'd have to look if I still have the box to tell you witch yhey where ), and I did the same thing : as wide and deep and no problem up to now. Winter is comming so it's time to make an overall, I will take a good look if they seem to be deteriorating.

Guy

• 1 month later...

Out on the bike today at the Lanarkshire Charity trial at Crieff Hydro,not been out on the bike since

adding spacers to the forks and putting 20ml of extra oil in.Suspension is alot betterAlso first time

with the new carb(Moklt 24mm) the bike ran well and pulled strong.Great day out despite the rain.

The wee bike seems to be tough enough and takes a bit abuse well.

cheers the noo Brian 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hi Brian,

Bit of a trend setter there.

I bet "Drayton" will Jump aboard, now they see that this is possible. 

They have fitted most other engines into a "Drayton Bantam" frame.

And to be honest most of the engine parts in a Bantam are "Made In China" :hyper: .

I will update your Page OK.

Regards Charlie.~Oo>

Edited by charlie prescott