Discussion Forum Removed

steve fracy

All riders in Canada have now been automatically directed to TrialsCentral forums here, Due to the fact that one of the trials websites in this country, has decided to remove its forum altogether. Sighting constant problems with spam, upgrades etc. Interesting enough, that over a long period of time, people who have wanted to post responses were faced with the response of " forbidden". This is unfortunate. It is quite humorous though that it became not worth the work to correct things, at the same time as some constructive and perceptive comments were made about the enigma known as the "WTC". No, that's not World Trials Championships, it stands for world trials Canada.

A self appointed " National governing body"...... resume communication.

Edited by steve fracy

Seems forums have lost favor with some. I guess it is not surprising when it seems that people have nothing but criticism for people trying to provide a free service for people. Steve may find it humorous but I bet Andy could enlighten people as to how hard it is to keep a forum well administered and popular across a wide and varied audience.

With respect to World Trials Canada I thought it was pretty cool that they were involved in at least 35 days worth of trials events this year in Canada from April to October and in 5 Provinces across this great country of ours. I know I had a blast at the ones I attended including an awesome day of training with a top Canadian trials rider.

I have heard that some people have started to put WTC stickers on their event posters just for the pure fun of it (and possibly to keep whiners away) - now that is humurous :).

• Like 1

Its great that you enjoyed so much time on the bike this year, and enjoyed your training time with Jon English, a member of the CMA TAC. All of it had nothing to do with WTC, as it doesn't really exist. What is clear, is that a small group of people in this great country have NO regard for the future of the sport, and continue to blow their own horn, for reasons only know to them.

Good people, good clubs,and the dedication of those people are the lifeline of the sport. So do your homework. What are the goals of the WTC? Why does it call itself a National sanctioning body? Who appointed them? How does a " National sanctioning body" intend on being sustainable when there are no memberships, no fees, no members? How does WTC think that they are helping the sport in Canada when they try to undermine the only National sanctioning body? You raise money in your club to go towards the Tdn team, yet, the WTC has absolutely nothing to do with it, or fund it? Seems a little off base to me.

We are a lot stronger being one strong group in a large country. Yet some still don't want to play together.The future of our sport is way too important right now to be spending one more second of energy on this, when the facts are the facts. If you are serious about the future, then please take a close look at whatever you have been told.

Edited by steve fracy
  • Like 1

Interesting to note one of this countries most successful sanctioning bodies charges fees for membership. I am referring to Hockey Canada. This is an organization that represents over 635,000 players across Canada, from minor to senior. Not only the players, but the managers, coaches,volunteers and referees, all pay fees. The fees range from $56 for a minor, to $145 for a level 4 Referee. Some may see this as a model for success, when you look at the countless programs available for development, infrastructure available across this massive country and the numerous International championships won by teams put forth by Hockey Canada. Could this happen had it all been free? The CMA is an organization with a similar mandate, but for motorcycle sport activity in Canada. Our numbers are significantly smaller. The CMA is member driven, allowing competitors and organizers to shape the very sports they participate in. A Youth member in Canada pays $30/ year. Actually in my club a youth rider could ride the entire season, including all fees, for $65. I haven't found another sport for my kids. That gives that kind of value. A full adult member can join for $75. All the CMA fees are less then that of Hockey Canada, despite being approx. 100 x's smaller. We may may wish for a growing successful sport in Canada, but it hardly seems possible , if clubs and riders are unable to unite under one banner. The CMA is as good as we make it. I can assure you that all the members of the TAC and Board of Directors of the CMA (I am a member of both), sacrifice countless riding hours to build a sport we wish to see.

This started as a notice that the Trials Canada website had closed its forum section and quickly became a criticism of the WTC.

If we want to debate the pros and cons of the different organizations lets do it under a properly titled thread. The purpose of this will be so that every time a good person wants to put the effort into organizing events and post information about it they can do so without being pulled into this long standing debate. For people who are really interested in this long standing debate they can refer to the thread especially set aside for that purpose.

You tend to not address the topic at hand, and when challenged with facts, address it as a personal attack, or an attack on a so called organization. Where is the WTC registered with the socieites act? You didn't answer any of the other questions I posed either. If you or any other person needs the WTC that is your right. That was never questioned. But, to  tell me that there is two National sanctioning bodies, is incorrect. What is the purpose, or reason for the WTC to have their own " national championship"? There seems no need to start another thread.

This started as a notice that the Trials Canada website had closed its forum section and quickly became a criticism of the WTC.

If we want to debate the pros and cons of the different organizations lets do it under a properly titled thread. The purpose of this will be so that every time a good person wants to put the effort into organizing events and post information about it they can do so without being pulled into this long standing debate. For people who are really interested in this long standing debate they can refer to the thread especially set aside for that purpose.

The thread was started to continue the one that had been started, and quickly disappeared once some people were finally able to post comments, and as soon as they weren't favorable to the WTC, which has been clearly and deliberately so biased about so many things, it was erased. Most people I talk to don't even go on that site anymore anyway, for the reasons I just stated.

Seems forums have lost favor with some. I guess it is not surprising when it seems that people have nothing but criticism for people trying to provide a free service for people. Steve may find it humorous but I bet Andy could enlighten people as to how hard it is to keep a forum well administered and popular across a wide and varied audience.

With respect to World Trials Canada I thought it was pretty cool that they were involved in at least 35 days worth of trials events this year in Canada from April to October and in 5 Provinces across this great country of ours. I know I had a blast at the ones I attended including an awesome day of training with a top Canadian trials rider.

I have heard that some people have started to put WTC stickers on their event posters just for the pure fun of it (and possibly to keep whiners away) - now that is humurous :).

This is a funny statement in the end of this paragraph. What it actually is, is another example of how the WTC goes about its business. Reactionary to success of "other" events, and attempts to get its name out through back door channels, instead of proper club officials. Its probably because the person behind it doesn't even have its own club.