Montesa 4Rt 260 Rear Spring.

chappo

Guys, I have a 2015 model with standard rear spring.

I have read that there is an upgraded heavy duty spring for the heavier gentlemen, Iam 100 kilos or 16 stone, has anyone of similar frame changed to the heavier spring and is it worthwhile.

Also has anyone had problems with the main rear mudguard decal beginning to peel/ lift at the lowest point , just on one side, it's only a small amount but it's only going to get worse.

PS. It's washed by hand ,no power washers before someone asks!!

Guys, I have a 2015 model with standard rear spring.

I have read that there is an upgraded heavy duty spring for the heavier gentlemen, Iam 100 kilos or 16 stone, has anyone of similar frame changed to the heavier spring and is it worthwhile.

Also has anyone had problems with the main rear mudguard decal beginning to peel/ lift at the lowest point , just on one side, it's only a small amount but it's only going to get worse.

PS. It's washed by hand ,no power washers before someone asks!!

Hi Chappo,

Cant help much with the spring as I am 65kilo and had to go the other way, however both mates around your weight have had no issues with the standard spring rate, I guess it depends a great deal upon the grade that you are riding. Big splats in the expert grades may benfit from a stiffer spring rate where as at the clubman end the softer rate is usually preferred for most conditions.

And yes stickers on my '14 Repsol have tended to lift paricularly when the guards get flexed, the stickers are much thicker than the earlier years and whilst very hard wearing don't flex as well, just lift the offending corner and re fix with contact adhesive before it gets too bad otherwise crap gets stuck to the underside of the sticker and becomes harder to fix neatly.