Pre65 Project Costs

suzuki250

It's easy to say or write, just mod this and just turn that down and just respoke that wheel, not many people have the know how to do this, or the shed or garage with the right tools. Hence a package through the door sometimes, often squirrelled away before someone else sees is the only way to go. Building a bike on a tight budget to bugger all is all well and good... if you know how.. Most of us don't , but wish we could.

Re deliveries, some of my parcels are mistakenly addressed to a friend of mine !

• Like 5

hi mettise,if you are anywhere hear norfolk call me and i will teach you how to build your own wheels, plus if you need  use of a machine shop or welding shop,, with tuition if needed just ask ,i have just retired after 50 years of building competition bikes, so i think it would be good if i can help out people with any problems when building off road bikes ,its time i put something back into the sport that has given me many years enjoyment , this also applies to any forum readers ,the worst way out it will cost the price of the bits which i can source at trade prices plus a beer for me , will.    

• Like 3

Just one question why did you build the front brake with the torque arm working under compression ? I have always understood that this is a no no and torque arms should always be working in extension. Just wondering  :popcorn:

Stock Enfield front end. Brake backing plate slots into boss on fork leg.

That's very kind Will, sadly my trips up to Norfolk are limited these days. With all these jobs you need to be doing them on a regular basis, showing someone how to do something is fine, but more likely practice makes perfect. Also cobbling tother a bitsa is all well and good, but many out there want the glittering , must have bit that does cost, looks good and of course makes them a better rider.. Supply and demand will always dictate the value of something, it will be interesting to see just how much these somethings cost in a months time at Telford.

hi mettise,if you are anywhere hear norfolk call me and i will teach you how to build your own wheels, plus if you need  use of a machine shop or welding shop,, with tuition if needed just ask ,i have just retired after 50 years of building competition bikes, so i think it would be good if i can help out people with any problems when building off road bikes ,its time i put something back into the sport that has given me many years enjoyment , this also applies to any forum readers ,the worst way out it will cost the price of the bits which i can source at trade prices plus a beer for me , will.    

Any chance to visit Ireland ...  unlimited supply of beer for sure  :guinness:  , you can make some youtube channel or blog , if you would like.. many beginner like me can learning from your experience.  Thanks for offering help ...

Edited by bsa4life