Shock Options For '05 2.9

tuts

Hello,

I am looking for information about the different options I have for the rear shock.

From what I've read, it seems the original is difficult to rebuild, if at all, and not the good to begin with.

Any information or leads/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The pic is the one that I have in the bike now.

But I honestly don't know what I'm looking at.

post-21786-0-44202200-1445115227_thumb.jpg

Edited by tuts

Your shock is probably a Sachs unit, not designed to be rebuilt but can be if a filling valve is fitted

I have a TRP fitted in my Jarvis which is basically a pre-production 05 & it is night & day better than the Sachs, think I ended up moving the rebound adjuster 2 clicks firmer for better traction from how it was delivered. They're really nicely made & are able to be rebuilt, you may have to take a file to the mount on the frame but the amount removed is minor & doesn't effect the strength

I know I also have a later delta link fitted after I damaged the original but can't remember if it is a 06 or 07

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck it get an ohlins. The original was *****, i swapped mine for an ohlins and it transformed the rear.

When I look at the costs , and what you get, rebuilding just doesn't pencil out.

I'll get an Ohlin's and then I can get a +20% shock spring also.

Thanks to all for the advice, I appreciate it.