Gas Gas 2009 Raga Carbon Fibre Exhaust Replacement

gasser_nick

Hi everyone. So i went out on my gas gas 300 raga 2009 yesterday. Brought it home washed it and noticed the carbon fibre exhaust had tubbed through. Not all the way but i dont want it to go any more. So i phoned gas gas up and asked for a price on just the silencer but they said that its all one section, mid box to the silencer. So what im asking is is there anything to repair or stop this from happening again. So has anyone had this problem with their raga carbon exhaust. Tried to pack it out with washers but theres no where to pack it the opposite way from the wheel but no luck.

Any help please.

• Like 1

Trial exhausts have this problem cause the fixing point is quite far forward. I always put a decal on it on the inside to notice wear quickly. With the older models (think until 06 or 07) it was even worse. Those were seperate middle and end sections. After that its one piece (not fun when you need to replace it dough.

Also check the mounting points of the mid section, those break somethimes.

They are very hard to find as I had the same problem with my std 09 300.. It had worn through and I wanted to replace it with a JT carbon silence.. I priced the std one and they were fortunes, when I eventually found the carbon end piece it was around the £100 mark.. In the mean time my mate from Crook and Gasgas dealer Al Span had a silencer for sale off a works 09 bike.. This silencer is longer, easily repackable and is shaped so it sits of the back wheel and doesn't rub.. It's also longer so mellows the power.. More importantly it's For Sale as recently the bike was stolen.. Hope this helps

I have two carbon pipes. I have patched the hole with Carbon fiber several times. Will have to do it again. Just keep it bent away from the wheel as best as possible. Check for any cracked mid muffler parts. I made a mold out of two pieces of PVC so i can start making my own. Get some carbon fiber and some fiber glass resin and go to town.

--Biff

I will try to do a DIY post the next time i do mine. Fleebay $20, some fiberglass resin, a bit of time and effort and you have it done. Just gotta take care that you don't get too sloppy. If you have ever done fiber glass you can do carbon fiber. Its not structural so you don't need the technology. I even made a carbon guard for the mrs Scorpa. 

--Biff

Great replies guys. I have seen a carbon infused repair kit on ebay uk so i was thinking to try that and hopefully get away with that. Gasgas uk said it was £327 for a std 09 silencer and mid box as theyre all one unit. But like i say i dont want to go the metal/chrome look, its the carbon one for a reason