Carb Jetting For Txt 280

sean65

I have only recently bought an 01 TXT 280 and seem to be having stuttering problems just off idle. I have cleaned the carb and blown through all the jets but it just doesn't seem crisp an  after a while dies. I stripped the carb tonight to have look at the jets to see if they matched the spec,

The pilot seems to say 31 and the main K270. Does this make any sense? The USA site says 36 for pilot and a main of 90 which bears not resemblance to mine. I was intending ordering up new ones, but wondered what the ones I have in could be for.

I would read your photo as 3rd down from the top as I consider the top the flat end i.e. when the needle is in the carb that is the top.

This setting would have the effect of richening the mixture as it is pulling the needle up relative to the slide when fitted.

I shall the needle leave as is at the moment. I have a 34 idle jet to try and don't want to change too many things at once. Also bent the float tangs. Kev at Gas Gas Motos, reckons 16mm and not 18 and his advise seems well respected.

Back together but too dark to try.

Most interestingly and I should have spotted it. Gas Gas bikes don't like Silkolene oil and guess what I was using. Got some Putoline TT pro to try instead. Hopefully all should be well now.

Move the clip on the needle up 1 position & try it out, stuttering is normally associated with being too rich which is what the position of the clip compared to standard can be doing, small job & you'll know if there's any improvement pretty quickly