2014 Factory Replica

heffergm

So there's a used '14 Factory Replica for sale near me. Ostensibly it has ~10 hours on it, although I haven't been to see it yet. From what I can tell, these went for something around ~$8500 new. The asking price on this one is $7k.

Aside from buying a bike built by a currently defunct manufacturer, is there anything I should be looking out for specifically on these that has proven to be a problem?

I've only got experience on an older GG 250, which I liked enough to consider buying this one. The transmission on the one I rode was a disaster (horrible dragging when trying to shift gears once the trans was warm... I'm going to chalk this up to a 'well used' bike, but if this is something more endemic, let me know).

GG's current state of affairs gives me pause, but I think there are probably enough spares to go around for the life of the bike in my hands. Maybe for $6500 or so it's worth the risk?

Hi mate

I've just bought a 2015 250 racing off a good mate of mine who looked after it

I've just had my second ride on it today,just practicing n messin about and it's the best money I've ever spent

I'm a poor standard rider to be fair, but I love it !!

If it's clean n tidy Take the plunge and get it bought

I love my new bike better than anything I've ever ridden to date

It's each to there own , but I've no regrets about buyin a Gasgas at all

Gasgas may not be around at the moment but neither are Fantic and that does not stop people buying them, spares will not be a problem.

As for price, if it's only been used for 10 hours and is not knocked about buy it but don't take the pxxx with your mate, give him a fair price or he may decide to keep the best bike in the paddock ! Ihave a 300 Racing, 2014 and I do not know how it could be better but apparently the Factory is.

Edited by collyolly

Buy it, you wont be disappointed!!

I own a 2014 factory 300 and its the best gas gas i've ever owned!

I had a 2013, 280 racing prior to this bike and I thought that was good, but the suspension on the factory model is just that bit smoother.

Don't worry about the situation with gas gas, parts are still a plenty. I have also heard from good authority that gas gas will most likely be back in business very soon. If not, the current bikes are really good and will be competitive for a good few years yet. :-)

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

It's a feature of the model and nothing to worry about.Its the fingers that operate the clutch rattling when there's no pressure on them until you pull the lever in,plenty of others have asked the same question.Its been there all the time,just that now you have a new(quiet)top end it's become more noticeable