Test Rides

telecat

Since this site started there has always been people who say my bikes best, Ive ridden everything too and the OSSA is last on my list to buy, if it was available.

Not sure whos right or wrong I certainly wouldnt put my opinion above yours Ian as its a personal choice, and thats what gives us variety in Trials.

But I guess if you what you say is anywhere near the truth on how good it was/is there would be hundreds around.

There isn't. Sales dont lie.

• Like 1

In my opinion! Nothing more nothing less, I gave up on gg in 05/06 now they are the last bike I would buy, who's right? Vertigo does look nice though, and I would guess we'll tested? And put together? Time as usual will tell. Std vert is £5750.00 according to talk at trial Sunday from dude that had been to test day Saturday.

In my opinion! Nothing more nothing less, I gave up on gg in 05/06 now they are the last bike I would buy, who's right? Vertigo does look nice though, and I would guess we'll tested? And put together? Time as usual will tell. Std vert is £5750.00 according to talk at trial Sunday from dude that had been to test day Saturday.

...and therin lies the flaw to your opinion. You say you wouldnt buy a gas gas as youve given up in 06, so yet ten years later you think the OSSA is better?

You should try the factory racing replica in a trial back to back with your OSSA and I think youll be surprised. Ditto the latest beta thats an ossa beta too.

Oh nearly forgot the 2016 Sherco, now that the tanks where it should be (imho)my ride on a 250 was the most surprising new bike like for a while.

Youre riding an ossa which is essentially a 4 (?) year old machine, do you really mean it when you say its better than a 2016 4rt rr?

The Gas Gas Design  goes back to 2009 and the engine has had only minor tweaks since 2006. The Beta has been around as long and the engine is older. Sherco re-designed the engine in 2011 but the chassis is really like the Ossa's Scorpa ditto. Montesa haven't done much since the 4RT came in. The Ossa is the "oldest" new design out there but really the Jgas and TRS use a Gas Gas Like engine. Leaving the Vertigo as the "newest" design. The Back tank Sherco worked pretty well but it should have had Efi to get the most out of it. Let's face it The Ossa and the Vertigo are radical compared to the competition.

• Like 2

The Gas Gas Design  goes back to 2009 and the engine has had only minor tweaks since 2006. The Beta has been around as long and the engine is older. Sherco re-designed the engine in 2011 but the chassis is really like the Ossa's Scorpa ditto. Montesa haven't done much since the 4RT came in. The Ossa is the "oldest" new design out there but really the Jgas and TRS use a Gas Gas Like engine. Leaving the Vertigo as the "newest" design. The Back tank Sherco worked pretty well but it should have had Efi to get the most out of it. Let's face it The Ossa and the Vertigo are radical compared to the competition.

GG in basics even is 2002. But (in my openion) a great bike (when you know its flaws). New frame made it even better.

Dabs, Andy,

Have you got ocd?

Are you embarking on a Dof2 crusade? maybe you are bored with the tit for tat with him, and have changed to me?  :hyper:

Your opinion is yours only, i expressed mine, there are not any rubbish bikes, just what we prefer, there is no flaw in my so called "argument" For a so called "sh*t bike Chris Hunt seems to do ok? i've ride one better than i have done for a long while, and dont forget B Bolts close second in BTC earlier in year!

The vert seems a brill bike, but still not so radical as the dreaded Ossa.

Keep harking back to years gone bye, you are showing your age, i'll get down with the kids..... bro.... :moon:  xx

Edited by imexian
  • Like 1

Yeah will do, the only thing is I'm not much of a rider although I can ride I won't be able stretch it. I belong to the category all the makes are too good for my ability. The fuel injection and the apparent ease of use were factors that attracted me to the Vertigo, sick of lean knock although I currently run a factory Beta and it is a brilliant bike. I missed the initial batch but have been informed my bike will be part of the January delivery. May have a better idea tomorrow after meeting the guy who is coordinating the sales.

Its Scotland Tomorrow, North Yorkshire is at Harwood Dale Scarborough on Sunday If you ring Vertigo you should be able to find out if there is a riding slot available.

I'd say that the grip available from the back end would make it a good bike for those who consider themselves "less able".

http://www.vertigomotors.co.uk/

Edited by telecat