Changes At Peak Classic For 2016

old trials fanatic

I think it was due to owning a new but completely undeveloped, uncompetitive bike that was quite unsuited to trials especially when compared to the rapidly improving Spanish machines. Also they had very little residual value depreciating as fast as a freefalling brick.

I never had one of those, it was my very early Bultacos then Ossa, Montesa and Suzukis that disappeared. And, to answer Deryk's point, the young lads weren't buying them as showpieces for there was nowhere to show 'em really.

I think Deryk is referring to today. It really pains me to see these bikes polished to death and wheeled in and out of halls. For the life of me I just don't get it. To me these people are a bit sad or is it just that they can't ride and prefer to pay others to do the hard work while they just put it back together then make out its all theirs. Never understood all these "what's the correct shade of Bultaco blue" queries. Who really gives a toss it won't make it go any better!

Competition bikes were built to be ridden. So you now have somewhere to ride them no more excuses.

Sorry rant over.

• Like 1

Hi Guy's.

Hi OTF.

You know I have done the page on the "British Rival"! well I brought the spare engine home to take some photos of it for the page.

So I thought, I will spend an hour to see if I can find any parts for this engine , a gasket set and that is about it .So unless you know any different anyone?

You can see why there are not many of the machines fitted with the Fichtel and Sachs 1252/7A engine still competing ? well you can't get the parts.

Simple has that, so they may be all sat in sheds with the engines in boxes.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy's.

Hi OTF.

You know I have done the page on the "British Rival"! well I brought the spare engine home to take some photos of it for the page.

So I thought, I will spend an hour to see if I can find any parts for this engine , a gasket set and that is about it .So unless you know any different anyone?

You can see why there are not many of the machines fitted with the Fichtel and Sachs 1252/7A engine still competing ? well you can't get the parts.

Simple has that, so they may be all sat in sheds with the engines in boxes.

Regards Charlie.

You may well be right Charlie and this might explain the people who spend more on Solvol Autosol than i spend on tyres. Thing is with garage queens there doesnt even need to be any engine internals. Then again bearings are just bearings. A con rods just a con rod. You can always find a piston from something to fit. Cranks can be rebuilt. gears can be recut or modified. FCS we keep P65's running how hard can it be. Motor Minerelli engine parts are available which might be something to do with me thinking about a Cotton Cavalier :popcorn: There's a guy competes locally on a pre WW 2 Japette doesnt seem to need to leave it rotting in the garage worried about parts.

You may well be right though. People seem to think everything must be on the shelf and have part numbers blah blah.

We are supposed to be talking about Classic Trials bikes made 50 years ago after all.

Nothing to do with the thread but it still amazes me how many times i get e mails asking for the post code for a field in the middle of nowhere.  Dont people know how to use a map nowadays ?

• Like 1