Is This A Beta Tr35

hotchymin

I BOUGHT THIS BIKE A FEW YEARS AGO FOR MESSING ABOUT ON CHANGED THE REAR SHOCK BEEN FINDING IT HARD TO GET PARTS, BUT WHILE LOOKING A NOTICED THE TR35 HAS GREEN ON ITS ORIGINAL COLOURS SO MADE ME HAVE A LOOK AT THE TANK AS IT HAD BEEN RESPRAYED BLACK BY A PREVIOUS OWNER, ANY HELP ON WHERE TO GO FOR PARTS WOULD BE A MAGIC,IT STARTS AND RUNS AND VIBRATES LIKE A MASSAGE MACHINE ,BIT HARD TO SELECT FIRST GEAR BUT STILL ALOT OF FUN AS IT PULLS LIKE A TRAIN SO NEVER OUT OF SECOND GEAR WHERE I GO TO MESS ABOUT

THANKSpost-21904-0-03813500-1447336002_thumb.jpgpost-21904-0-84216100-1447336015_thumb.jpgpost-21904-0-77368500-1447336023_thumb.jpgpost-21904-0-84216100-1447336015_thumb.jpg

Edited by hotchymin

could be a tr35 or a supertrial its got a beta zero swingarm on it so it could even be a tr34 with zero forks wheels and swingarm what parts are you after pistons and rings are pretty much unobtainable but most other things you can get

its a TR35. it should be red and white

they had the alloy swing arm and usd forks - dont think the Supertrial had the alloy swing arm and it had gold coloured usd forks.

the tr35 was the last a/c before the w/c zero. they then continued the Supertrial as a 'budget' bike and ran it alongside the early w/c bikes of the time

It might be a later Alp model the Alp models came up to the mud nineties with air cooled engines.

There is not much available for these bikes to be honest air filter and brake linings come to my mind ...

The bike is worth any effort, sadly nothing is cheap when it have to be rebuild. Cylinder is Nikasil coated a new coat very expensive but worth the outcome. Pistons can be custom made also con rods nothing special.

thanks for the feedback bit concerned about the lack of spares, in the photo the old  shock reservoir is there i got a replacement shock from spain and it had no reservoir so i assume its from another beta, the engine vibrates and rattles if that makes sense and is fine for low speed messing about but if your on longer stretches of offroad the whole bike vibrates could be the bottom end???? had a look at the frame number and my son has  traced online its a tr35 260cc 1990

Edited by hotchymin

• 3 months later...