1999 Txt270 Electrical Questions

krlewis34

Hi guys; I'm new to the forum (and trials) and have some very general questions about a TXT270 that I picked up as a project.  I have yet to ride it much but I'm having an absolute blast so far! 

someone had been into the electrical before and the regulator was screwed to the radiator fan shroud.  I doubt this was the stock location but can't find a good picture or microfiche that mentions where to mount it.  Can anyone confirm the proper location? 

the rectifier was mounted to the same hole that the CDI box was; is this correct?  it was just forward (closer to the front of the bike) of the coil. 

there is a stud on the bottom side of the frame just behind the fork with nothing on it.  should there be something mounted there (ground wires? regulator?)?

the spark plug wire is stretched quite tightly.  Is the coil supposed to mount with the plug wire coming out the right hand side or the left hand side? 

the temperature switch is also contacting the spark plug boot/wire.  Which direction should the prongs to this switch point?  I'm guessing toward the right to provide proper clearance but I would appreciate confirmation of this.  Also, this switch is in the middle of the hose with the short piece of hose up nearest the radiator.  Not that it matters but is this correct or did someone put it on upside down?

Sorry for all the questions; just looking to put the bike back the way it should be!

• Like 1

it's together; the plug wire is tighter than I'd like and I cut the face of the fan off a bit, spaced the motor toward the radiator for additional clearance between the motor housing and the plug boot and cut out several plugs for less failure points.  Much cleaner now.

• Like 1