1993 Talmag Trophy Trial

laird387

In January 1993 my late wife, Mary, and I were busy at the Talmag trial on Hungry Hill at Aldershot, taking photographs for a report that was had been requested for that week's edition of TMX.

We got back home around eight in the evening and I went straight to my darkroom and started developing the films, when they were washed and in the drying cabinet I had the meal that Mary had prepared, then back to the darkroom and printed a dozen of the images, captioned them, 'phoned for the results from the ever friendly Talmag crew, wrote and typed the report, dashed to get the post to the local sorting office just after 2am., then bed ready for the journey to work in the morning.

Come publication day and the crew at Morecambe felt that other events were more interesting, so there were a couple of paragraphs but no pictures.  But that wasn't unusual for me or many other of the contributors............

Well now I have my own digital magazine, with no limitations on space, so those pictures of the 1993 Talmag are in the very next issue - along with reports from other events of the period plus current classic events with copious numbers of photographs from the classic scene - and with no watermarks.

Just to whet your appetite, here's an image from that day of Belgian visitor Luk Ryckaert on his very tidy Matchless.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-07706000-1447779556_thumb.jpg