Still Spluttering - The Bugger!

sean65

No sorry let me explain. This is the fuel needle which gets pushed up by the floats. Its base screws into the carb housing and that base was loose allowing the needle to turn closer and closer to the floats. It is a long shot but if you were in the carb it could be. This has nothing to do with the needle attached to the slide. 

My exhaust plug was a big Duh moment for me. Had the header pipe off to clean and didn't pay attention to where that small screwdriver went. Apparently mine went into the mid muffler and it was just enough to plug it. 

--Biff

your video was not really and testimonial to how the engine runs, lean rich or nothing...  

I mean in neutral no load, running it like you did, sounds like you want it to sound like a Pipey expansion chambered Motocross bike?  you not being used to neither 2 strokes or trials, the bike is going to sound funny to you.  have you listened to other bikes on Youtube and such?  compare?  

Our bikes (trials 2 strokes) Operate 99% of the time on Idle and the lower rpms,  So for Trouble shooting you might need a buddy to hold camera.

what you have to do is put the bike in gear with clutch in, then let it idle down to just barely tick-over.  twist throttle, listening to hesitation.   As long as the jets are close to correct for your riding altitudes, you remove hesitation by adjusting the Fuel mixture screw on the Delorto.  in shuts it down and out allows more in, only does idle and a few RPM's then the jets, along with needle take over.  Each of those are trouble shooting with bike riding like you need it to ride in a trials, in gear, idle along then rev up see how fattty sounding it is.  it is an easy to learn process, but have GOT to have someone show you, that knows trials bikes and 2 strokes....  after you got those two things diagnosed, then put it in 5th, run the thing from nearly stopped to a really good clip, listen to engine sound/exhaust note.  then when you think you have it correct, you check after a while to see if the plug says that the engine agrees with your tuning.  it takes a little with to stain a good new plug, longer it tuned right.

Edited by sting32

• 4 weeks later...