Greetings From Eastbourne

floydbassman

Hi. Im Tim and have not long got into trials riding with a local club. My bike is a 1965 Greeves TFS which I have recently put back together after being in boxes for the last 35 years. Its interesting riding the same sections as the modern bikes, though I am riding the beginners routes for the time being!

post-21945-0-66384000-1448212308_thumb.jpg

Hi floydbassman,enjoy your bike & this site,loads of information here for those who need it. I bought a new TFS when they were current. Brilliant to ride on the road,they steered so well,would never do anything nasty to you,even on nearly flat tyres. Mine had a very slow even & steady idle,that's what I remember most. Often wish I still had it.Regards,John.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I was going to ride at a GEST trial last week but it was cancelled due to bad weather affecting car parking, but I will come to some future events soon. since I took this photo I hve done a couple of mods to the bike including folding footrests, I had problems with the original internal ignition coil failing when hot, no solved by using a lighting coil to power an external ignition coil and external condenser. I did a trial this weekend and the bike performed faultlessly. (just got to tweak the rider now!). Next job is to make a bashplate to protect the engine cases, I added a nice battlescar to the primary case...