Gaerne Vs Alpinestars

hevsy125

Had a pair of alpinestars for a year on the upside good fit and very comfy , downside moulded sole is pretty thick and came away from the boot and as far as I'm aware can't be repaired like the majority of boots with stitched on soles

I have a pair of the Alpinestars and love them. Not waterproof so I have a pair of liners I use in damp riding.

Flex is good, I have somewhat wide feet and they work fine for me, overall protection is good for what they are (not MX boots), and other than having to glue a small corner of the sole, from where I snagged it during an off, they are holding up well.

Based on what all of my riding buddies say I think my next pair will be Gaerne, and on that note my wife loves her Gaernes so hope when this pair is done I like them as much or more than the Alpinestars.

I have herd a good shoe repair place can glue new ones on but not sure on that.

Alpinestars are the only boot I have ever used, and I really like them.  I find them very comfortable. They don't last forever, however. I usually get about about 1.5 - 2 years out of them. I probably ride on average once a week.  Not sure if others last longer, but I am satisfied with their longevity. Your footpegs are a huge factor with how long the soles last. Once I switched to Raptor pegs, the soles lasted about 2-3 times longer.

The most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet were my Alpinestars road bike boots, until I got Alpinestars trials boots.  They are the ducks nuts, the best things I've ever jammed on my body.  Heaps of support and have protected my feet and ankles from the abuse I've given them.