Beta 300 Vs 250

eskaze911

I just bought a 2015 evo 300, previous ride was a 2009 evo 250. I have the slow throttle on the 300 and am so far very happy with it.

Definitely has more power, but if you have decent clutch and throttle control it's not an issue. I like the extra torque for off camber hill work. Much easier to just use the throttle without worrying about a stall.

Good luck with your decision! Stu

I've just swapped my 2013 250 for a 2016 300 so can offer a direct comparison.

The 300 is easier to ride (for joe clubman like myself), it is slower off the bottom and smoother than the 250, therefore offering more grip finding ability.

Also having more torque allows more gear choice in the sections, effectively giving you an extra gear to play with. The 250 was a great bike but was a bit quick off the bottom even with the flywheel weight fitted, this 300 is just that bit better.

• Like 1

I have a '13 300 with Vforce Carbon reeds and an S3 low compression head. For crawling around on the slow stuff the bike is very smooth and controllable. It still jumps like a scalded cat with a handful of throttle. What I love about the displacement is the pure grunt the thing has. Slow steep hill climbs are almost too easy.

• Like 2

Thanks for your input guys. I managed to find a nearly new 250 Beta evo factory. It so far feels like an awesome

bit of kit, especially coming from a disastrous couple of months on a 4rt.

I shudder when i think of that bike. !!!!!!! 

• Like 1