It's Coming Home?

telecat

Penrith isn't very central either,Morlais quarry was awesome as I remember but we're going back a long way,would it still offer enough for this era?

When Jake did a survey of spectators i think a wtc needs to be 80 miles from south yorkshire or something to get the best attendance. Wales isnt going to get enough paying customers i think is the problem with Morlais or anywhere there.

Eventually the SSDT and Scott will die if there are no new riders and without Mum and Dad paying for their Sons and Daughters to ride that's where we will end up?

Really? Biggest class in both these events is the over 40 class, possibly because they have the affordability? Kids growing up, stable job, bills getting paid, etc. etc. means that they can afford to do the SSDT.

Not too many Mums & Dads paying for them, hang on ...................."DAD"

Really? Biggest class in both these events is the over 40 class, possibly because they have the affordability? Kids growing up, stable job, bills getting paid, etc. etc. means that they can afford to do the SSDT.

Not too many Mums and Dads paying for them, hang on ...................."DAD"

My point is that if they do not start as kids they will not be there with the disposable income in their forties. They will be doing something else instead.

• Like 1

I have been to a good number of world rounds here and abroad and the main difference is that abroad many of them start in a town and then the riders ride down the road to the sections. Clearly this wouldn't work over here as there is far too much red tape. In Spain and Italy, you can take your bike and pay I think 10 or 20 euros and actually ride round the course so all sections are accessible. Obviously John Kerwin is investing in this project for the long term and fair play to somebody for doing it so we have a world round in the UK. I do think that Tong location-wise is great and will definitely attract more spectators than Penrith but there is not enough there at the moment without a mammoth amount of excavating and importing of rocks etc. I have been informed reliably that John investigated running the trial at Back Cowm Quarry and the local council were the problem apparently. I personally think that Harwood Dale at Scarborough is potentially the best venue but i'm sure that this has been looked into and if it was viable it would be there.

so it must be its just in wales then.

I recall that Morlais castle was used as the start for the world rounds with riders going on the road to the quarry, not sure about that these days. finding BTC venues is hard WTC must be a league of pain higher up

• 5 months later...

The website for the world round in Yorkshire is not very inspiring . You can but tickets but for the great unwashed it tells you very little.Some pics of a bike leant against one of the obstacles would be a start as they are awesome.I hope the organisers read this forum. Someone like Dougie ont' news abaat it would be good.

• Like 1

The website for the world round in Yorkshire is not very inspiring . You can but tickets but for the great unwashed it tells you very little.Some pics of a bike leant against one of the obstacles would be a start as they are awesome.I hope the organisers read this forum. Someone like Dougie ont' news abaat it would be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Been down to the last Open Trials Practice at Tong and the sections look good. A few riders commented on the more "Natural" sections away from the Lake including section 4 which many felt would be a decider.