Sherco 2015 290 Any Known Errors ? What To Look At When Buying ?

bobb

Hello,

i'm willing to buy a 2015 sherco 290 but i have been told horrorstories about frames breaking and bairings going wrong on a 3 months old bike ?

i have a 2010 gasgas 250 now and never had issues with that one just tyres brake pads and chain and sprockeds

is build quality of the sherco on same level as the gasgas ?

have been told the rear shock on the st290 is not that good ? i tried a sherco but that was fitted with an ohlins that felt briliant

any advise is welcome

kind regards bob

My experience of the newer shercos has been brilliant, I've had a 2013 and 2014 model and have just ordered a 2016 after not getting on with the 4rt.

My bikes always came with skf bearings throughout. The linkage uses a bushing in the dog bone which is a great idea in the uk as that area of the bike gets covered in mud regularly, they're also pennies to replace.

I've not heard of sherco frames breaking.

I had a couple of issues (cracked radiator and dodgy Cdi on my 2013 bike) but these were rectified by rathmells quickly at no expense to myself. The 14 bike didn't have these issues, although I did buy it from Chris @ splat shop who tweaked everything slightly during the pdi. It ran faultlessly.

I hope the 2016 bike is just as good!

• 2 weeks later...