What Would You Buy ...?

dingle

I ride a beta rev 3 200, plenty of power, I've flipped it a few times practicing up steep banks lol. I think beta still produce an evo 200, can't say what they are like in comparison to my old beast I think a bit snappier due to having a different carb. I wish I had saved some money and bought something newer, I've spent well over the initial price of the bike replacing parts and getting the bike to suit me. I've had a go on a 2011 ossa 280, too much power, 300s and the like tend to drag you into sections, the ossa was very on off re power delivery. I also had a go on a standard Cota, 2012 I think it was. If I was buying new I would go for a montesa standard 4rt, lovely suspension, rides like no other bike through a rocky stream, really impressed when I had a go on one. Build quality is really nice on them, plenty of torque and power, and any bike will take some learning to ride, whether it be a 4 stroke or 2 stroke. In some ways a 125 takes more input to ride than a bigger cc. It depends on what type of riding you want to do. I personally find ragging a small bike is more fun than being careful on a big one. Trials is about having fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What are people's thoughts about buying a Gasgas with the current company problems? Good move?

I saw a post from someone certain parts were becoming hard to find, Gasgas Enduro model parts certainly are a sore subject at the moment.

I wouldn't if it was my main bike. Already have one bike that some parts are near impossible to find. Wasn't so bad the first few years until supply dried up. There are plenty of people that will buy them, same with Ossa, but I'd rather not risk it.

If you are gonna be putting a lot of hours on the bike, keep in mind that Sherco and probably the Sherco engined Scorpa's 2t are all using fully sealed main bearings from factory that do not get lubed by premix like everything else. Maintenance costs will be bit more over time and more often. Motor needs to be fully stripped apart to replace or repack :o  They are great machines but personally would not buy a new one because of this. All the best on your bike choice.

Me and a couple of friends went on an experience day last week and I spent the day on a 4rt. I wasn't sure at first and was planning to swap to a beta evo 250 at lunch time but never did! It all started to make sense shortly after pulling off and now I want one! So mont 4rt would be my choice

I'm unsure what riders mean when they say a 300 is " more than i can handle"

It's the same principle as a car, we don't screw around as fast as our cars will go, the power is there if you need it unless it's Herbie!!

Edited by motomanandy

And look at how many TVRs got written off! Most cars with masses of power have traction control.

When something goes wrong more power is not normally a good thing.

Otherwise I agree, when in control the engine size shouldn't matter.

I can see where it could be to much for some as once you loose control more power can be bad and if you are one of the few that loose that control to often then the statement "more than I can handle" might be true.

I chose however to say it's more than I need. And even then I want a 300RR so I guess needs and wants don't always match. ;)

• Like 1