Dunlop Trials Tyre

monty_jon

Everything I hear about the GP puts it on par with or better than the Michelin tires.

The older Dunlops are good for the price but I would have taken a Michelin even at the price increase. But now I am thinking I will be giving a set of the Dunlop GP's a go first.

That's interesting to here you believe the D803GP to be good, anyone else tried them? As I've a pair in the garage on the wheels that came with my bike, was thinking of selling them & buying michelins as people have been telling they are no good, but might give them a go..?

The GP is the softer compound the F and R are front and rear designations.

I've run both types and am really pleased with the GP series.

If you want a non competition, practice type, longer wearing combo I would go with the 803FGP on the front and 803R on the rear.

For competition GP front and rear.

The additional benefit is either way (GP or standard) they are about half the cost of the Michelins and I would imagine in a side by side blind test the GP series would be nearly impossible for all but the most decerning riders (top expert or pro)to tell apart.

Im running a "Tubliss" tire system on the front wheel and normally 6psi and experience no more then very minor leakage, maybe 1lb in a weeks time.

My rear rim has been a bit "knocked" around and has lost its former circular self. I normally run 4psi in it. It has a loss of about 2lbs in a few days. I owe this mostly to the flat spots in the rim.

In either case a few pumps with the hand pump during engine warm up is all it needs. Never experienced any rapid deflation problems.

D803 GP works well, only a bit more hard in the side tyre if compared to X-light (in my opinion the best) but i'm not a prorider and D803Gp is a good alternative to X-light, also in competitions

i suggest a tyre pressure slightly lower than x-light

very stiff to put on the rim :wall:

here the price is slightly less then x-light

I believe Dunlop won the Scott this year, also taking the team award for beta. They don't leak on the mont DID rims and stay on the rim reasonably well when flat. I ran mine for a mile or so whilst trying to get to the last fuel stop. Good tires, probably not as much grip as an x lite, but more durable.

• Like 1

Most of the top riders around here who are sponsored by Dunlop have ditched the old F's and moved to the GPs. But in saying that, most of them have been running the F's for zonks and all went well. If you want the latest and greatest grab a pair of the GPs, if you want to save a bit of coin get the F's. 

My D803F rear is getting to the end of it's life. I'm still tossing up moving to the GPs front and back or moving to X11's. 

Edited by jml