Too dark to practice a night

Too wet at the weekend

Too long to next years BTC and Scott

Only Sheffield of any interest and that's dominated by a bunch of Daygos anyway

Roll on those warm summer days and the S3 championship

Yes Nigel, for once you are right, I am bored

Edited by dadof2
  • Like 2

whats wrong with riding in the wet? i hate riding in summer. here it gets upper 80's to upper 90's and 80 to 100% humidity in summer so i loooove winter riding.

Have a look at the link and then look up a bit more on youtube, This is only a few miles from Nord View where UK WTC has been held for last few years.

Too dark to practice a night

Too wet at the weekend

Too long to next years BTC and Scott

Only Sheffield of any interest and that's dominated by a bunch of Daygos anyway

Roll on those warm summer days and the S3 championship

Yes Nigel, for once you are right, I am bored

Are you related to Jeremy Clarkson?

Err....obviously he was alluding to multiple christian names like 'Diego' (Bosis) for example. A simple typo, I'm sure...err. :blush:

• Like 1

Rain and winter is not fun, I don't mind mud but cold and wet sucks.

The worst thing is dark evenings. By the time the last rider has finished, Flags picked up, Control packed up, Wait for burger van to pack up and push it out the venue.

Then get home and find it's too dark to wash bikes so have to knock off early Monday to do it.

And all that is after spending the day before getting wet and cold putting flags in the ground!!

All that aside I would not change it, I take the rough with the smooth as when the weather is kind it more than makes up for it.

The lot that can turn up 10 mins before, sign on, whine about the sections, finish by 3 and be indoors with a beer soon after have it good even in the winter!

This is good old British trials as it's best!

Edited by steve_earle
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

One of my riding buddies said that he was suffering from PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome), so we headed out for an afternoon spin. Lots of blowdowns this autumn/winter with El Nino feeding Pineapple Expresses our way. Not much snow at sealevel, but one riding area at 300m has 25cm, and more the higher you go. It feels like we fish are in a drying pond and our world is shrinking. AND IT"S ONLY JANUARY 1!

Cheers, and post-10738-0-01581000-1451700672_thumb.jpgHappy New Year, the sun will return.

• Like 3

Been practicing in the mud reecently and after all the rain weve had its slippy!! You stuggle to walk across the mud its that slippy, really saturated ground. Been trying to do the same hills i would in summer, plenty of falls, really testing traction and control skills, riding in 4th gear everywhere mostly, but in summer when the grip comes back things should feel miles easier