Beamish Outfit Gearing

iltakeafive

On my Beta Evo 300 outfit I use a 11/42 set up that is about what most solo riders around here use. Looking at the Talon Engineering web site http://finder.talon-eng.co.uk/products/tg376520/?tpf_manufacturer=35&tpf_model=430&tpf_year=1639&bikes_category=front-sprockets&bikes_subcategory=standard they do a 43 tooth 520 pitch rear sprocket and fronts from 10 up to 14 teeth for the RL325.  So try 12/43 and see how you get on. If you find it over geared you can always drop down to a 10 tooth front and take a link out of the chain if need be. 

Edited by p@ul250

For a bike like the Beamish you'll need Renthal 7/8"  trials bars. Either 735-01 which have a 5.5 inch rise or 735-02 which have a 6 inch rise(dependent on how tall you are).

A lot of sidecar drivers will cut a lot of length off the right hand side of the bar to give more clearance for trees and other such things. On my own outfit the right hand side has been cut down by an inch & a half. On the left I have one and one half grips fitted so that I can move my hand in towards the centre when turning right or needing to get my weight over to the right.

I hope this helps.

post-2720-0-17463200-1451307733_thumb.jpg 

post-2720-0-22464100-1451308960_thumb.jpg

• Like 1