Price

dwb5151

Hi i was up at a local big trial and i seen a 2015 beta 300 4t what is the price of parts on beta, iwas told they where expensive is this true i have heard they are better than the montesa 4rt 260 cota. Could you give me your opinion.

I can't comment on the relative cost of parts and only once had a brief shot on a four-stroke Beta but I would have thought that if the Beta was that much better you might actually see some of them about.

They seem to be something of a rarity, whilst the 4RT is omnipresent, particularly since the 260 came out. That may show which bike the majority think is better?

Yea i agree thats my second time that ive seen one. But from what i have been reading their better than the montesa but the montesa is better buit and is more reliable. But at every trial lately in the past couple years montesa 4rts have dramatically increased due to the 0%   finance on the montesas. I was at a trial  yesterday  it was very wet extremely muddy and all the 4rt where ploughing through it with ease. But the owner of the beta 4t had a montesa he says the beta is better. But the main problem is nobody is  really wanting to let you test ride their pride and joy. I can understand why. But their is no dealers over here with a demo bike so you can test ride them.

My experience is that better is more a matter of preference and riding stile than it is truly one is that much better than the other.  With the beta, Gas Gas and 4RT I have been on so far I can't say they where better, just different, and I could see how some people would find one better for themselves over another but I suspect it truly is more about what the rider likes as to what bike is best.  

I admit I haven't had the chance to ride a beta 4t but if I get one I will take it, so take this all as the 2 cents it is.   :icon_salut:

We actually have quite a few riders that had 4rt`s and now have 4t`s instead. We also have a large 4rt population compared to most clubs,mainly due to being brainwashed. They ride them because it is a Honda, Not for how well they actually work. Funny, my boss`s son just got another 4rt (2016), but his only win in the Expert came on a borrowed Beta 4T. Brainwashed.

Never had a problem hot or cold, the easiest bike to start in all conditions!

Don't have a problem hot starting mine now I've got the knack. I never use the hot start, I open the throttle enough just take up the slack on the cable and a nice gentle kick over and away I go again  :popcorn:

• Like 2

I am interest in a beta 4t but i have been told in general the parts are more expensive. The beta according to what i have been reading and hearing has a lot better grip and it has no engine breaking. But at  a local trial all the montesa riders where doing great and beleive me it was thick mud and steep slopes. I noticed all the montesa rider where using low revs and they where climbing everything.  The beta are apposed to be good bikes but you never see one  over here. They are often considered better value for money by my local dealer. But the main problem is no one is really wanting you to have a go on their pride and joy I can understand why. But all the dealers over here dont have a demo bike.

• 1 year later...

I have a Beta 250 4T,I think it's well put together,It's a carb as opposed to the Honda FI,I have been told that the 4RT is very snappy with the F.I.

I was also advised that the latest Beta 300 is more urgent with the power,my'13 250 is mellow but I find it very easy to ride,steers well and grips very well in muddy conditions. I expect an expert would find the power lacking but for me it is very predictable