4 R T Differences ~ 2007 250 Versus 2014/15/17 260?

johnnyboxer

I've swapped my 07 for a 14 and the engine is more free reving, the suspension is possibly not as good as the 07 but as a new bike it feels really good. The tank is smaller which can be a problem at Nationals and I've noticed no difference in the claimed engine braking from the 07. The only mods I've done on mine are swapping the footpeg hangers and footpegs as I tend to clang about on the rocks fairish and I've swapped/junked the flame guard and air filter for a Jitsie filter. I'd of been happy to keep my 07 to be honest but you cant beat a new bike, there seems to be little difference really in my view the big leap seems to be with the 2016rr if we ever see one being sold in the UK?

Edited by the addict
  • Like 2

Don't understand what you mean about if we see a 300rr sold in the UK ?

They are , I know someone who's been riding his for about a month now , purchased from a UK supplier

And it's had a few mods already

Edited by toneh
  • Like 1

I think -

Pre 09 to post 09 - a little better

Pre 14 to post 14 - a little better

So an 07 to 16 you would see an improvement - mainly smoother power and less tendency for front to push out on corners.

However a well sorted pre 14 to a std 16 probably not much difference but for whatever reason the latest do feel that bit nicer and a new bike always feels better even if the marks dropped stay the same. 

If your swapping because they look great and if you don't think the newer model will improve your results then save yourself a few grand and upgrade the one you've got

I've got 14 plastics and flat tank and other bits and bobs on my 05 and to me it looks no different to any other year

• 1 year later...