Oset 16.0 36V Chain And Sprockets

original

Hey Original,

Thanks for the follow up!

I'm gonna order an upgrade kit from Oset UK to be sure.

I'm nogw encountering another problem. The sprocket on the motor keeps getting loose. so the sprocket moves just a little on the axle.

Anyone got the same issue?

The locking mechanism by only screwing always seemed to me to be insufficient...

With the stock chainset I never got this problem...

Greetings

• Like 1

the screw is not a locking mechanism and purely is only there to stop the sprocket from falling off the end of the shaft , the sprocket should have no play on the shaft even without the screw in place teh sprocket should be pushed far enough onto the shaft that the screw can be tighten with out having to push against the sprocket.. if this makes sense.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Superb information.

im just going through the same problems.

from what I've been told but trials UK is that the standard chain & sprocket set up on older model 16.0 was the 90 rear 12 front. This was changed in slightly later models due to problems.

on Sunday my sons chain came off his bike twice, the second time the split pin bit was lost.

after a really steady ride home we lost the remaining pin bits & had to push the bike 1/2 a mile home!!!!

After speaking with trials uk about the problems with the older 90 tooth set up I've opted to get the upgrade kit.

How difficult is it to fit & what does it involve?

Do I need chain tensioner ?

• 2 weeks later...