Stator Plate

blutaco

I'm looking help to diagnose a lack of spark from the stator on my 199A. I advanced the ignition, ran it for a few minutes then it wouldn't start again. There's a Red and green coming from the ignition coil with another shielded wire connected the points. From the points one black wire connects with the condenser and one with the HT coil. Previously, I could only get a spark by combining the red and black at the terminal (chocolate) block. That did seem a little odd as I would normally need just one wire from the points? Any pointers as to what to try next?

Move the (Replace it with new) condenser to the frame by the coil. If that does not fix the problem start with new points. If still no spark, pull the stator apart. The coils and plate. Be careful of the wires. You are probably shorting out from a bare wire in the assembly some where. Heat shrink, wrap or liquid tape and re-assemble. I just went through this process on a friends bike I was working on. Good luck.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...