Montesa 349 Query

moulder

Hi,

I purchased a Montesa 349 in December which is my first twin shock/classic bike after riding modern Trials for 20 years. The bike is on a Q plate (UK) but States it's a 1982 model on the log book but I thought I'd pick some of your brains regarding a few queries.

1. Looking through this forum I'm pretty sure it's a 349 mk4 as it has a grey frame & red tank with the small rubber seat. The tag on the head stock states Montesa Honda 349. So am I correct? Or do you guys need more info?

2. I purchased a new front sprocket guard from InMotion Trials but it appears my bike is missing some fixings. The guard appears to be a push fit, where my bike is missing two of the three lugs that I believe it's meant to interface with. Could any of you post a pic of the area I'm interested in as I'm thinking of making up something in the workshop. A few ideas for inspiration.

Anyway thanks for your time reading this & I've ridden the bike a few times now. It runs lovely and I think a previous owner has spent a lot of time restoring it as it runs well and looks very good for a 33 year old bike.

Cheers

Tony

Hi there,

The rubber front sprocket cover is held on three pegs. Two of the pegs are part of the steel chain guide which is a close fit around the front sprocket. If you send me a PM with an e-mail contact a picture can be forwarded.