Help Please! Bike Problems

dan929

Hi all,

I am hoping for a bit of advice or thoughts on this one.

I am new to trials and have bought a Rev 3 from a dealers, as I thought this would be a safer bet for a new rider. First bike I bought I found the frame around the tank was cracked so I returned the bike and it was exchanged for a different bike, meant to be an 06 but it may actually be an 05. Within 10 mins of riding the bike for a second time it starting making a nasty whining noise so I went to limp the bike back to the van to take a look and it stopped and locked solid, kick start won't budge. The bike was meant to of had mains and seals done by the dealer, so would of thought there should be no major. In hindsight maybe I should have walked away after the first problem but i just put it down to mistakes happen and the new bike would be fine.

I must say a big thanks to the tubby trials guys and rich for the tow out and help checking the basics! Gutted and frustrating would be an understatement!

I have contacted the dealer, hopefully I will hear back tomorrow. Obviously I want to speak to the dealer before pointing fingers and naming people and see what the response is as it may be all good news and they will sort the problem.

Ultimately what are your thoughts on wether I have a leg to stand on, have I got much chance in getting the bike replaced or repaired or even a refund? Or is it a case of tough it's broke fix it.

Thanks

Dan

• Like 2

Cheers. I dug the recipes for both bikes out and they state no warranty given or implied on second hand bikes or parts. May have answered my own question there I guess.

If the dealer doesn't help I guess I'm stuck with it along with an engine rebuild that doesn't really seem worth it on a bike that old. Maybe I'll be lucky and it won't be hideously expensive.

Even managed to lock my keys in the van whe I got home just for another laugh!

Hopefully he will help out, as you say it's a small world. Obviously I have concerns if it goes back for an engine rebuild after today's issues.

People have been great today with regards to getting it rebuilt so I'm sure it can be done, I'm happy enough with the spanners so should be able to do it with some help along the way. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news, if not I guess engine out and see what can be done. Live and learn as they say!

Don't take offence, but are you sure you used the correct oil and premix ratio? You did say you were new to trials.

If so then the dealer would have to be very hard faced to wash his hands of this, considering they have had the engine apart recently.

No offence taken, I'm glad of the help.

its running with 75ml Rock oil to 5 litres of super. We pulled the plug and it looked like it had been running ok mix wise, no damage to the plug, pulled the header and had a quick look and nothing looked terrible. My first trials bike but had road bikes and a couple of old 2 stroke aprilias a few years ago. It was sounding like a bearing or something whining originally, thought it may be the fan bearings at first but whined in time with revs and then went solid.

My only other thought is its dumped it's coolant in the oil if the casing corroded out and caused some damage that way.

If it's a simple as the 10th digit of the frame number gives the year it's looking like it may be an 04.