Popping The Clutch

Hi everyone I'm fairly new to trials biking. I've done motocross most of my life so far. I am having difficulty approaching highish obstacles from a stand still. Every time i try slipping the clutch and popping it i either smash into the obstacle or just don't it right.

Have you guys got any tips on how to tackle this problem

Thanks

There are several techniques for different sizes and types of obstacles. It might be best to lookup some videos of techniques, if you search for 'trials double blip' that will show you one technique and links to others. Alternatively post a picture of an obstacle and see what technique people recommend.

Probably the clutch aint the problem, its your own movement and weight position and deweighting. There are a lot of videos about trial techniques also on this forum.

The photo you state from google is quite a big rock and perfectly vertical. Not an easy one to proceed. The trick will be in the suspension, your own body movement, and offcoarse enough throttle and good clutch control.

Edited by crazybond700

yeah thats the obstacals that i get stuck at... the perfectly vertical ones. if it is slightly angled i can double blip over them no problems but i just cant seem to do the blocks.  i think i am over thinking the clutch pop and end up smacking into the block rather than gettin over it.

Suspension is one of the most important things, in combo with your body position and movent. Try jumping the obstacle without motor.

(not totally what you want)

See the body and suspension movement launching the back wheel high into the obstacle.

\forgot the mention the disclaimer, we are not world championship proffesionals like raga ;)

Edited by crazybond700

Although humanly impossible indoor steps give guite good impression of the teqniques because its around the highest steps possible, and everything is solid, and angled. So this might help too, somehow get it to go slow though.

The cog in the bottom right corner can select half or quarter speed (needs to be watched on youtube.com though).

Edited by s.e.lucas

You are trying too much too soon. You have to develop your skill and timing. Trials takes hundreds of hours of practice to get your timing right. Popping the clutch type approach will just result in a crash or broken parts. google Ryan Young training video`s.

• Like 1