Best Rear Tyre

pebbles600

That depends on what wheel your are fitting it to.

If it's a Morad rim with a flanged, ie, spokes through a flange rather then through the rim it's self.

Then only fit a Michelin as IRC's and Dunlops don't seem to grip the rims and pop off/deflate with the slightest impact.

Edited by goudrons

I agree, I think i have tried them all and just got a 2016 Sherco with the Dunlop GP's on it  and love them. Our first trial this year was very icy and saw a lot of people struggle to get traction. I rode well and found some traction when others did not.

Michelin X Lite for the Expert superior grip but will wear out quicker, X11 for the Clubman good grip and longer lasting,

But wont every level benefit from better grip ? or is it something to do with the sidewall on the x lite and expert riding ?

But wont every level benefit from better grip ? or is it something to do with the sidewall on the x lite and expert riding ?

Expert riders are riding more difficult sections which require more from rider and equipment and who are willing to purchase several tyres a season, the more sidewall flexible X lite does not last as long as the X11 as the sidewalls crack with longer use so yes if you want or need a superior tyre and cost per use is not an issue then go for X lites,

I personally feel that for most of us mortals the X11 is a very good tyre and a better deal in terms of grip and longevity and I don't think there is enough difference in grip between the 2 to benefit most Clubman riders,

Edited by vonhazza