Kokusan Denki No More

tsiklonaut

Well, with OSSA in difficulty also Kokusan Denki (the japanese maker of OSSA's fuel injection system) name is gone, it's now bought by german Mahle corporation I see on their web page: 

Effective January 1, 2016, the company name of Kokusan Denki Co., Ltd. has changed into “MAHLE Electric Drives Japan Corporation”

Good thing is Mahle is very good quality stuff, I've bought filters etc consumables from Mahle for my BMWs (they're OEM producer for BMW too) and really top notch quality, so I don't see it being a problem. But pity they had to change their nice sounding Jap name into some rough german "Ramstein-ish" sounding name.

Anyways, just sayin', those Kokusan Denki stickers on our beloved OSSAs are now old relics   :guinness:

• Like 1

Oh well, it was good while it lasted :D

As they say, haters gonna hate so I actually fully expected such style reply or a misquote  :rolleyes:  Now let all of your OSSA hate come out, we can only imagine how much hate and evil laugh it will be in here when the factory finally closes doors (again! LOL)   :facepalm:

Meanwhile independently from all that we'll keep riding and loving our OSSAs! They are just fab bikes, I love mine to bits and while doing so I won't show any such hatered towards any other brand!  :thumbup:

_SDI1594_s.jpg

Edited by tsiklonaut
  • Like 1

From my 'new' Ossa experience I thought the K battery less ignition was very poor as it only worked now and then and was v going work to start, maybe the later bikes were better.

It only came to life consistently when a couple (or more) AA batteries were wired in to the circuit.

I agree tho' the bikes might easily become collectable, put it in the museum with your Sherco 320 

• Like 1