Kokusan Denki No More

tsiklonaut

I think Vertigo and a lot of other engines use Kokusan Denki electrics.

Does smooth power equal grip? Remember the development of big bang 500cc GP 2t engines. Smoother equally spaced firing intervals tended to reduce grip.

• Like 1

Yes the smoothest power I've ever felt on a trials bike.

Better try one of these then...

Are we talking about proper motoring or electrical washing machines?  :madnoel:

If it doesn't fill air with that nice 2-stroke smell, then it's a no go. It may be even smoother, but I'll take a proper fully breathing OSSA over any electrical toaster, it's the sweetest 2T trials motor around!  :thumbup:

I think Vertigo and a lot of other engines use Kokusan Denki electrics.

Does smooth power equal grip? Remember the development of big bang 500cc GP 2t engines. Smoother equally spaced firing intervals tended to reduce grip.

With GP bikes it's different story, I.e. Ducati V-Twin engine was speciefically developed for out-of-the corner controllable traction for a human rider to feel out (w/o overdoing and thus highsiding), but this is for tarmac and it's completely different ballgame in terms of traction and grip. Offroad bikes mostly require more "pulse"-like power, especially for better grip over the loose surface. I remember experienced offroad riders said a very lightweight, powerful and capable Aprilia RXV (V-twin) had this too easy to slip issue, because they have denser "pulse" rate over the crank, it's two bangs vs single bang vs single-cyl motor.

Single cylinders all have this single-pulse-over crank, but the "smoothness" in actual conditions isn't just about this, I think it's also is how it works and pulls over the entier RPM range over dynamic use of throttle both acceleration and decceleration stages, not just one speciefic RPM range riders keep bragging about. 2-stroke engines are infamously bad for smoothness over the entire RPM range (little power below, but sharp rise on top). OSSA has adressed this issue the best way (a proper precise EFI mapping vs "gut-feeling" with a fiddly carburator) and has done very good.

It rides very similar to the much maligned by Dadof2 Gas Gas Pro , sounds good to me

I have never criticised the pro for how it rides or its competitiveness, If you search back through my old posts you would find I actually was very complimentary of some of its features and used the word thoroughbred.

My criticism of the pro was that it was too lightly built in some areas and had an ongoing reliability problem in another. The new owner of GG has acknowledged past quality problems and made it clear he intends to put them right.

• 1 year later...