Is The 4Rt Really All It's Cracked Up To Be?

scrambler

The quality is very good ,the chassis feels good .... but the engine !!!!.

I rode a brand new 250 and I couldn't believe how gutless it was. My childhood c90 felt like it had the same power.

They might last forever but they aren't the fun of riding a 2 stroke. No chance :)

The 300RR is a huge improvement over the 250 (haven't tried a 260). Motor is awesome, and the suspension is fantastic. I liked it way more than I expected, and will seriously consider one as my next bike (current ride is a GG 300 Factory Replica).

Absolutly Not!!!!!!, Dont get me wrong they are a good bike, but they are not what Toni and Fuji ride. They have their short cummings just like every other bike. They are not a easy bike to ride for a Newbie, or eaven a novice level rider. They are heavy which makes them harder to ride, they have the worst turning radius of every bike out there, so unless you can hop or flick your immediatly at a disadvantage.They are geared to tall for tight slow riding, so straight out of the box you need to spend eaven more money to slow them down. I have owned 3 of them from 2005 to 2009 and short of color they have not changed. My buddy has a 2014 repsol and short of the bigger displacement, it feels just the same as the earlier models. My opinion for a club level rider, if you want 4 stroke go with the Beta, it is a much lighter easier bike to ride and it out turns any other bike out there!!!!!

Just bought a new 2016 Montesa standard. Got tired of repairs on my Beta Evo 4T....motor issues.

Edited by tman427

The quality is very good ,the chassis feels good .... but the engine !!!!.

I rode a brand new 250 and I couldn't believe how gutless it was. My childhood c90 felt like it had the same power.

They might last forever but they aren't the fun of riding a 2 stroke. No chance :)

Try opening the throttle a bit.

• Like 1

As you well know james "power corrupts" , the 4rt may not have the absolute power of a 300 2st but they use whats there with very good effect, and matching what a screaming stroker does on just off idle with a mont is an awful lot of "fun" believe me.

I know I'm metaphorically a mouse in a snake pit on this thread with you Honda devout Catholics . Genuinely though. .. I'm reasonable enough to know that most of you guys riding these things drop hundreds less than me :)

Try opening the throttle a bit.

Ha ha yes.. but not a lot happened. .. it just made more noise ;)

• Like 2

Apart from a chainsaw a two stroke trials bike is about the only two stroke engine on the planet.

Also a wasn't a carburettor designed pre war some 80 years ago.

Come on its 2016 !

I think you will find plenty of ships, trains and motocross bikes use 2 stroke engines. A Carburettored bike is currently leading the indoor WTC.

I think its about time Honda moved to a downdraft inlet tract, this would enable them to put the air filter up where the fuel tank is and put the fuel tank low down in the centre of the bike.

• Like 1