Btwice Flywheel Weight Qs

tsiklonaut

So I got the Btwice flyweel kit and started to fit it but stumbled on two issues:

1) while nice kit there are no fixing bolts included (kit only comes with the weight and the cranckase extender shim)

2) Original gear shifter doesn't fit with extended crankcase size (it's against the magneto door and you can only shift downwards, upward's it's stuck against the door)

_SDI1732_s.jpg

_SDI1733_s.jpg

_SDI1766_s.jpg

_SDI1767_s.jpg

_SDI1768_s.jpg

How did you overcome those two issues:

What bolts did you use to fix the weight on magneto w/o it going out of balance? Did you have to remove the magneto to fix it (manual states some special tool needed for this, can it be done without the special tool?)

Got another gear shifting lever?

Million thanks in advance!

Margus

I have a flywheel weight on my 2014 GasGas and have a similar problem with the gear lever, I have bent it out ( carefully using a vice ) and then only clamped it on with 75% shaft engagement, not ideal but without a special gear-lever what else can you do ?

And yes it does improve the way the bike rides (300)

I have a flywheel weight on my 2014 GasGas and have a similar problem with the gear lever, I have bent it out ( carefully using a vice ) and then only clamped it on with 75% shaft engagement, not ideal but without a special gear-lever what else can you do ?

And yes it does improve the way the bike rides (300)

That's precisely an idea I had myself as well, the lever looks pretty bendable.

Another question is fixing that weight on the flywheel - there's not much room there, must be some serously shallow bolts without touching the alternator wires below. Got to find some special bolts I guess...

I did my homework and fully aware this additional flywheel weight splits trials riders into two polar extreme ends with their opinions. Looks like the pros do not like the additional weight at all, while novices prefer it and sometimes mid-levels tend to prefer it. I can understand why many don't like it who get onto certain trials riding skill level.

Long story short I'm not the only one who rides our TR280i in the family - my wife does also. While I'm nowhere near pro myself she's particulary a very novice, constantly stalling the bike on slow speed practices and she can barely start by herself (high compression head on our TR). Additional weight should considerably improve not stalling it on slow speed action and also considerably help it starting again when needed. So I thought I should try a additional weight for a season or two mainly for her and see how I can adapt to it myself with the additional revving intertia.

To my surprise the weight is actually just under half a kilo and not as heavy as I expected compared in comparison to the massive magneto the TR has mounted already. I'd like to do more soft and loose surface riding in the coming summer so I'd be an experiment for myself as well to see if it improves the overall grip or not.

Anyways, just me 2c.

Margus, not sure what you need? Ossa hardly ever stalls? Slow tick over ? Tips reset? Hope your Mrs has a strong leg! We have a LI ion battery pack to start the 280, it can be a pig otherwise. We have a factory red coloured head on ours which lowers compression a little? Still not easy to start without battery assistance. If you look at raga etc they all have flywheel weights, but most works bikes kick ass, so have massive power to use weight.

The normal rider does not need this weight, the ossa power is brill, very smooth and linear, I don't think you will gain a lot from this mod?

Ian

It looks like you need 2 top hat threaded parts that go behind the flywheel and some countersunk hex bolts.

Look at the one in the link, it will show the bolts you need.

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/s3-gasgas-hidria-flywheel-weight-2013-on.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA_fy0BRCwiLaQ5-iFgpwBEiQA884sOVP99CRT6ZaiNGaUPju-fWxFdKFUZKS2MThCrbJP11AaArgq8P8HAQ

Some pro's use a weight, It's good for getting the engine spinning then dumping the clutch to get up vertical steps!!!

I did my homework and fully aware this additional flywheel weight splits trials riders into two polar extreme ends with their opinions. Looks like the pros do not like the additional weight at all, while novices prefer it and sometimes mid-levels tend to prefer it. I can understand why many don't like it who get onto certain trials riding skill level.

Long story short I'm not the only one who rides our TR280i in the family - my wife does also. While I'm nowhere near pro myself she's particulary a very novice, constantly stalling the bike on slow speed practices and she can barely start by herself (high compression head on our TR). Additional weight should considerably improve not stalling it on slow speed action and also considerably help it starting again when needed. So I thought I should try a additional weight for a season or two mainly for her and see how I can adapt to it myself with the additional revving intertia.

To my surprise the weight is actually just under half a kilo and not as heavy as I expected compared in comparison to the massive magneto the TR has mounted already. I'd like to do more soft and loose surface riding in the coming summer so I'd be an experiment for myself as well to see if it improves the overall grip or not.

Anyways, just me 2c.

well you must not of saw many pros before because most of them use a weight one way or another.there are flywheel covers to that dont use a spacer that hide the weight. some of the guys may not look like it without a spacer with normal cover but they add weight to the crankshaft. keeps the weight centered and more balanced bike, especially on the rear wheel...