What Sort Of Coolant Or Antifreeze?

stpauls

Alloy engines are the norm for cars over the last 10 years at least, The antifreeze you get with a picture of a motorbike on it is the same but three times the price of the car branded stuff!!!!!

Same as mineral clutch fluid at £6 for 150ml when a gallon of it (LHM) is about a tenner from the motor factors.

Same story with ATF etc etc etc etc.

Pretty much every bike lubricant has a premium price as it's perceived to to be the stuff you have to have for a bike!

• Like 1

Halfrauds are the biggest rip off going. Try a local motor factors. No you wouldn't need a gallon of clutch oil that's just an example of the mark up on some stuff.

You can buy 5L of concentrate antifreeze that will give you 10+ L for the same price of 1L of the fancy stuff with a picture of a bike on it!

• Like 1

Whatever you choose will work from any reputable brand, the key thing would be DO NOT MIX DIFFERENT TYPES as many do not play well together and may gel up!. Use of distilled water to mix if you mix your own is best.

Flush out the old with clean water and start fresh to avoid problems. :icon_salut:

• Like 1

Call me old fashioned but I always put in ready mixed coolant that is specificaly made for the use its intended for and specificaly for motorcycle use .....but obviously thats just me.

PUTOLINE IS A COMPANY THAT PRODUCES FOR THE OFFROAD MOTORCYCLE MARKET INCLUDING TRIALS MOTORCYCLES THEY SPONSOR THE SCOTTISH SIX DAYS TRIAL...... PROBABLY THE BEST KNOWN TRIAL IN THE WORLD. 

Old Fashioned? It was not till the late 90`s till the manufactures realized how stupid consumers were.(Pay 90% of the price for 50% of the product!) Same with bottled water! I was at the Daytona Supercross in `79 and laughed at all the works water cooled bikes overheating!  

if you buy the branded stuff for cars the quality is second to none, just take a look at all the standards they have to meet!

Have a look at this on the Opie site: Fuchs Maintain Fricofin Esk Universal concentrate, they even list it under motorcycles. £20 for 5lt   

Edited by suzuki250