Suspension Beta Rev 3

motomanandy

Im not overly heavy 14st.

The bike feels to be sitting back, I should explain I've raced Mx/ Enduro for 10 years so a trial newbie.

I've taken all to front preload off and jacked the rear to gain some front end control but still fees like it sits back is this just the trials bike feel?

Rear shock is stock and ok.

Cranking the rear spring preload up severly affects the shocks ability to dampen properly, trials is a sport of soft suspensions, the bike needs to work up and down with every bump and dip that is where your traction comes from. Also your legs are a huge part of the suspension function. The rev's were a unique bike as they are a linkless rear suspension, and depending on the year of your rev which were made from 2000 to 2008 your shock might be getting a tad tired. Most people will tell you the rear shocks are not rebuildable, but the are. A good suspension guy can freshen it up and make it all better.

It's a 2006 250, the shock feels plush and responds to settings so I think it's ok.

I've preloaded the rear as it was fully down which has made it feel a lot better, I'm on it today so will have a play with the steering n suspension.

I've found an online manual.

I've found that trials suspension isn't talked about nearly half as much as it is with the Enduro/MX side I guess it's a lot more personal preference!

Compare it to so some other bikes, Be careful winding the spring up, It could wreck an already tried shock very shortly.

Trials rear ends are supposed to be soft, They do feel like they have alot of travel just with your weight on them.

Get an experienced rider to check it out.