Txt 270 Wont Start Till After 30 Kicks?

renegade master

You are lucky you did not damage the bike or your feet. If the bike is really flooded you may kill somethings. Had it once with a 97. It did not even want to go round anymore. Took the plug out (and the wire far away from the cilinder) and walked it around in gear. Was like a steam engine, so much fuel came out. lol. (my name is actually Thomas)

• Like 5

You are lucky you did not damage the bike or your feet. If the bike is really flooded you may kill somethings. Had it once with a 97. It did not even want to go round anymore. Took the plug out (and the wire far away from the cilinder) and walked it around in gear. Was like a steam engine, so much fuel came out. lol. (my name is actually Thomas)

Accurate post, but funny at the same time.  I'm just thinking of the possible kickback!  And laughing at the picture of pushing the bike around with fuel spewing out the plug hole. 

• Like 1

Yea, maybe you pour in more oil it will help the worn out rings seal!

Try the 30:1 ratio!

I once has a rider (175 yam) bring me his bike which would not start, compression felt a bit low. I suspected worn top end and asked how much oil do you put in your petrol? his reply " What do you mean, I put oil in there" he said pointing to the gearbox filler plug. Remarkably the bike had run for several weeks (since he bought it) with no oil in the fuel, the ratio getting weaker each time he topped the tank up.

Turned out he had been riding the bike a bit hard, caused a partial seizure and burred some aluminium from piston onto rings. cleaned it all up, scraped out the ring grooves, compression restored and bike ran fine.

Another funny incident I saw and could have happened on this post is kicking a bike over to blow out excess fuel can cause quite a big explosion, A friend burnt off his eyebrows and front of hair doing this. He had me kick the bike over whilst he looked under the tank to see if the plug was sparking - yes it was, what a bang.

Hence!

• 6 years later...

I am having the exact problem with my 1996 txt 270 it takes around 30 kicks to start, however once it has been started it will start first kick. I’m pretty sure my petcock works tho, put a new spark plug in and seems Asif it has more than enough compression when kicking it over.