New 2016 Factory

steve_earle

Oh yeah, just noticed the disk, I'm not a fan of the NG race discs on the older factory, I had to change one and went for a std, Much better. Hope these new disks are better.

Beta should have used the Galfers like GG.

Joroni Has always used the std disks too so if the top budget factory bike is running them there must be a reason.

New bike rear end looks like the 14 factory with that rear mudguard.

The 15 bike is stunning, I don't like this one too much.

Having just sold a fifteen model to make way for a vertigo I find myself agreeing with the comments about the brakes but must add it's probably the only weakness in the bike. Since returning to trials in 2013 I have had two raga reps and a factory sherco and the evo for me is a far better bike than any of them. I realise these comments are subjective and the beauty of the free market is buy what you like but having spent the last seven months on a factory evo and only needing to tighten two bolts by way of remedial maintenance, I can understand why riders settle into one marque. I never even seen the fork seals weep, Beta deserve their reputation - hope the V measures up!

I think Beta moved over to the Braktec units as they are cheaper due to being made in higher numbers as the others are all using them.

I'm not a fan of the Braktecs, The old AJP was better. Both my Factory and my sons 80 have Grimecas now.

It's a numbers game for the factories and they will substitute for cheaper parts if they are reliable enough, Same story with the fancy calipers that have come out over the last 4 years, Bou and the others still use the old style AJP 4 pot for an example.

They are more controlled, They seem smoother off the bottom, less torquey but gain revs very quickly and scream to the top.

They have different Cylinder, Crank, Head, Exhaust Front pipe, CDi mapping, Magnesium cases, Suspension etc.

Read up on the spec, It's not just cosmetics.

Easy to ride but can catch you out when on song.

• Like 1

They are more controlled, They seem smoother off the bottom, less torquey but gain revs very quickly and scream to the top.

Easy to ride but can catch you out when on song.

Thanks,   is that the same for the 250  and 300,