Crankcase Breather Tube On Techno..that's Where The Waters Coming From!

mspenz

I thought that by replacing the water pump shaft / seals etc on my Techno all the water in oil issues would disappear for a while. When I got the bike the oil was pretty horrible so I duly changed everything and after 5 flushes all was good...until yesterday.

Up until now I've been out in pretty dry weather or just damp ground but yesterday I rode through some half wheel depth puddles a few times and when I checked the oil later it was grey again!

The crankcase breather pipe looks like it's been cut for some reason (5" long) and was lying in a mostly horizontal position pointing towards the rear wheel and slightly to the side of the small mudguard / water & crud deflector, a perfect position to catch all the water & crap getting thrown forward.

I've replaced and extended the tube but is it just supposed to hang there or can it maybe be connected back into the airbox to avoid water getting in?

I'm also presuming that this is the only other way that water can get into the crankcase?

Time to start flushing again.

Mike.