2016 Canadian Trials Championships

steve fracy

As per the press release posted by the CMA, our National Sanctioning body, this years Canadian Trials Championships have been awarded to Saskatchewan and the FLTA and will be held Aug 20/21 in the small town of Bengough.

It is going to be a very unique event and one that should not be missed by riders in Canada who want to experience that " European" feel without leaving the country! The entire town of Bengough will act as host to this event with many activities and festivities planned, including beer gardens for spectators, and a dinner planned for riders and workers.

It's a significant event as it also celebrates the 67th running of this prestigious Championship in Canada. The event itself will be held in a very  special location known as the " Big Muddy Valley" that is actually noted as one of Canada's wonders that is a must see! The badlands of Saskatchewan with giant hoodoos rising up from the ground. The event headquarters will be centered right in the middle of the town where riders will gather in the " Park Ferme" similar to the SSDT, before they head out through the streets of town to make their way to the loop trail!

It will be for sure a very special event, and being generally centrally located in the country, it will offer a great opportunity for riders from both sides to join and enjoy two days of great competition and soak in the atmosphere and hospitality of rural Saskatchewan.

Further info with pictures and video will be available as the event draws closer!

Steve

• 3 months later...

The 2016, CMA National Trials Championship is on schedule for this provinces biggest trials events ever. We have a dedicated Facebook page with pictures and accommodation information. All announcements are posted there amongst other websites.

We should have pre entry forms should be available with in the next week. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in August.

Derek Thomas

SFTA Secretary

• 4 weeks later...

Pre Entry forms are now available.  This will be the best way to help us accommodate all those riders planning on coming out to the CMA National Trials Championships this year. 

Not only will riders receive the pre entry discounted fee, you will also have the ability to order your dinner tickets for the Friday and Saturday, hosted by the town of Bengough. 

News of our sponsors and weekend schedule of events to be released soon.

Visit us on our facebook page and see the progress of this historic championship. 

• 2 weeks later...

With just over a month to go, until the 2016, CMA National Trials Championships, we are well into section set up and organizing the weekend schedule of events. I have been down to the big muddy badlands quite a few times, with organizing these nationals and I still find the region geographically fascinating and thoroughly enjoy setting sections up on such unique terrain. The national site still has not seen a wheel turn on a trials bike, so there is no telling how the sections will actually ride. I think both riders and spectators will be pleased with the spectacular level of the trials.

Accommodations are filling up quickly, so don't wait on booking your spot. Also pre enter. It will greatly help us to personalize your riders package and allow the town to have enough food and drink on hand for everyone. This will be an event for riders and spectators alike. We wish to engage everyone who attends and make sure it isn't another 67 years, before Saskatchewan hosts Canada's national trials Championship

• 4 weeks later...

We are just under two weeks away now from the 2017 Canadian Trials Championships in Bengough SK. So far, for the Championship class will compete for the #1 plate, and the title of Canadian champion, it will be the best representation of riders from accross the entire country that we have ever seen. Derek Thomas and the FTA have been hard at work preparing and the town of Bengough awaits to welcome ALL the riders.

Hey Derek,

Sounds like a great event. It is always great to hear people are making the effort to travel to away events. I would really like to have been able to make it out. Be sure to gets lots of pictures and video if possible, it is always great to see sections from other areas of the country.   

Thank you for the support.

I am moving down to Bengough for the next week, to put the finishing touches on the biggest event we have ever hosted. Rider reaction has been great and I hope the sections ride how I anticipate. I hope everyone who attends takes the time to just sit and watch the sunrise, or sunset over the Big Muddy Badlands. It is breath taking. Like watching a painting unfold in front of you.

the entire region is eager to see the sport they have adopted in 2016. Hotel is full and the all the services sites are gone in the park. Should be a great atmosphere.

Check out our facebook page. We have lots of pictures on there. It simply isn't possible to capture the depth and pitch of the sections. I hope to see lots of pictures and videos shared, after all the work.

See everyone in a few days.