Early Watercooled Mono Class, In Uk?

johnnyboxer

With the rising popularity of Twinshocks and Aircooled Monos in UK Trials, with separate classes and the Kia Championship, does anyone think it will be extended for early watercooled Monos, say pre 1995, in the future

Say Aprillia Climber/Beta Synt/Yam TYZ and the like?

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 3

Its good to get more participants but the original idea of cheap trials is long gone. People spend ridiculous amounts on pre 65s and Twin Shocks and now its starting to happen in the air cooled mono class.

None of this helps the long term future of the sport. Manufacturers cant support young riders as the only people with money to spend are ploughing it into pre 65s and twinshocks. Yes i know they don't depreciate but you are supposed to be enjoying your sport, money isn't everything. Where's the sense in being £10k into a triumph twin or ariel when you could have an infinitely more capable two year old bike for 3k ?

Now we are talking about a watercooled class ?

Its a mad world, especially trials

Edited by baldilocks

That is where the old bikes come in, they are harder to ride so you can ride old style (read easier route ! ) and have an enjoyable competitive ride.

As weIl as my classic I also have a modern bike, I couldn't ride that against my peers on the easy route and feel compelled to ride sections that are as you say sometimes scary if you cannot do the trick stuff.

This will now follow on into the next classification of bike as riders get older and hanker for the enjoyment of their yoof.

BUt why not do that with modern bikes , over 50s traditional series ?

IMO, modern bikes have no appeal, soul, charisma etc. And ultimately are a lot more expensive changing every few years than twin shocks and pre 65's.