Amical Trial Dordogne

metisse

Following on from another thread,  my club here in the best part of the Dordogne , near  to Sarlat  are organizing a classic Pre 65 / Twinshock  trialing day 1st May.  Anybody on holiday from the Uk able to fit and load up the bike rack without other halfs noticing and also any Spanish chums  who would like  and fancy a real good day in the French countryside you are welcome to come along. Twenty sections over a Saturday afternoon and Sunday, as many laps as you fancy. There will be a very modest entry, fish and chip van on the day and if numbers allow a Saturday evening meal to help empty the French wine lake.

If you need any further details emai me l Hamish.eadie@gmail.com

• Like 1

Sounds great. Do riders have to be insured or members of a French or UK (ACU affiliated) club? Is a doctor's certificate required? Do the bikes have to be UK or French registered with lights and other thingies such as those ignition cut-out handlebar wristy wotsits ..., or can anyone just turn up with a pre-'65 or twinshock and ride? Well, when I say "ride", in my case I mean "wobble and tumble".

Bikes should be insured but its nearly 100 pct off road with only two road crossings so I don t think its an issue.  You don t  need a licence or a club membership. We do retain the right to say no to anybody that really doesn t look like they have half a clue however, or their bike looks unsafe etc etc.

We look forward to anyone that wants to come, its eight and half hours from the channel ports, so  a long way for just a ride , but well worth making a short stay or holiday, the weather should be good and its a very popular holiday destination with plenty non motorcycling things to do.. et volia..