Jgas Bankrupt?

jordi

The factory are telling me that the upshot is that they are still producing bikes and will continue to do so.

Jotagas won't die ... Just continue producing in small numbers as they have always done.

A statement is due from the factory soon.

This sounds rather questionable & quite possibly illegal. Under UK law, trading whilst insolvent is not only illegal, but may result in the company directors becoming personally liable for the accrued debt Spanish law may differ in its detail, but the essence will be pretty similar.

Is the reason they did not sell an economic number of bikes because people did not want to buy them or because there was insufficient cash in the company to pay parts suppliers to get parts to make bikes to sell.

There seemed to be customers waiting for bikes, that suggest a credit / supplier problem.

From discussions with the factory, the bankrupt Jotagas company in Alcaniz was bought 2 years ago by the current owners, with the agreement to continue operations under the JGAS Racing name. It is therefore business as usual.

In my opinion, the original Jotagas business has finally come through the Spanish judicial system and has been declared bankrupt. This does not affect the day to day business of JGAS Racing, which is continuing to produce bikes.

I hope this clarifys the situation.

Bye, PeterB.

• Like 5

From discussions with the factory, the bankrupt Jotagas company in Alcaniz was bought 2 years ago by the current owners, with the agreement to continue operations under the JGAS Racing name. It is therefore business as usual.

In my opinion, the original Jotagas business has finally come through the Spanish judicial system and has been declared bankrupt. This does not affect the day to day business of JGAS Racing, which is continuing to produce bikes.

I hope this clarifys the situation.

Bye, PeterB.

Thanks for clarifying that makes sense (as much as any of this makes sense!)