Atf In A Sherco

stpauls

Why do you think the advice given by posters on TC will be better than the manufacturers advice / handbook?

Years of tried and tested experience mate and no bias to oil companies. I always found Dexron III better than anything else in my Beta's regardless of what the book said. The fact it's cheap was a bonus not the reason for using it, and as it's cheap it can be changed very regularly.  Many companies have financial ties with other companies, not much point if you state in the handbook use whatever you find works best for the bike.

Edited by the addict

Dadof2 is using reason, I am not sure if that's what people want to hear on here. I agree that the people who make the thing are most likely to know what is the best grade of lubricant to use.

TC forum users, please do not ask any questions anymore about bike maintenance in the future, simply refer to your bikes owners manual.

• Like 1

Hi all, for what its worth, I ran two refills of ATF through my Pro last year [after getting water in the clutch from the faulty pump]in an effort to get all of the water out. I did this because it was cheep. However I found out that the clutch was too quick for me so I reverted back to good quality transmission oil, as recommended.

Just a thought, but if you change the oil more frequently than the manual states [as mentioned above] you would possibly be using more cheep oil for the same period, than others use using recommended oil. So I wonder if the saving is all that great, I suppose it must be. Whatever works, like I said just a thought.

Cheers Taff

All bike fluids must be:

• big brand name
  • labelled motorcycle
  • purchased from motorcycle dealer

You'll pay triple the price or more for a product that works just as well but it will ensure tc members don't get their feelings hurt after years of overpaying.

Why do you think the advice given by posters on TC will be better than the manufacturers advice / handbook?

Good point.

Always use the brand recommended; after all, oil companies spend good money to have their names in the manuals and little stickers put on the bikes.