240 Carb Help

slickgolf_0

Fantic 240

I have finished a rebuild but the original carb is shot .

Can anyone help with the settings and size if fitting an OKO ?

I had an OKO 26mm that I managed to squeeze on with a K&N type filter , ran ok but not perfect .

I also had a new 25mm Delorto , it ran good  using the standard air box , I borrowed  that from a 200 , not sure if the 200 and 240 are different. 

If you have the OKO fitted , what did you do with the airbox or filter set up ? 

Or , do I just get a new standard 240 Delorto using the oe air box ?

Thanks for any help 

If it was me, I'd buy a new Dellorto PHBL 25 BS from someone like Eurocarb and ask them to jet it to your/Fantics specs. Assuming you have an owners manual, all those jetting specs will be in there. If you don't here's a list of what I know....................

slide- N50.

needle- D33.

needle jet- AQ268.

main jet- 98.

pilot jet- 44.

idle/start jet-70.

choke jet- 60.

needle valve- 200.

floats- 90102, 8.3 grams.

My thoughts were that with this setup it would be the same as it left the Fantic factory back in the day and should run well straight off the bat plus you can still run the std air box set up. If you were to run an OKO, which I'm told are fine carbs, you would probably have to spend a fair bit of time fine tuning it with different jets and needles to find the best for the  240 plus you got the air filter/box issue. I'm going to add a link to eurocarb, sorry if that's frowned upon, but I've had very good service from them recently, less than 1 week for parts from the UK to Australia.

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dellorto-motorcycle-carburettors-parts/complete-carburettors-dellorto-motorcycle-carburettors-parts/phbl-20-to-26mm/r2731-phbl-25bs/

Edited by fourex
  • Like 2