Wider & Longer Bashplate

tsiklonaut

Anyone else a bit dissapointed in the stock narrow and short bashplate?

I think OSSA made it too small to save weight. My bike has seen a lot of riding abuse and I found mine has very much worn out a great deal of footpeg lower parts and frame, some serious dents on the suspension linkage too:

_SDI1801_s.jpg

Plus also I put on a flywheel weight that made my gear lever stick further out w/o protection, hence decided to get a wider and longer bash plate. Thankfully Mark (jkmr1) in this forum has made a laser-cut wider bashplate speciefically for OSSA for a very decent price and sent me one from OZ. Here's vs stock:

_SDI1802_s.jpg

And now covers up the exposed areas very good, hard to see on the pic but being around it also provides better protection for the linkage:

_SDI1803_s.jpg

_SDI1806_s.jpg

As you can see the gear lever is now protected too (the moving tip is only exposed that move away when you hit the rocks)

Another good feature got a nice OSSA logo laser-cut inside too, so when you wheelie everybody will know the special bike you're riding LOL :)

• Like 3

I'd be interested in knowing the price that's better protection 

than the std bash plate, am I right in thinking my factory bike

came with a slightly bigger one as standard ? 

Edited by jsp

Looks good!

I have one of he BTWICE plates, similar to this one.

The only issue I've had is catching my MX boot on he outside edge of the plate when shifting up.

Most people probably won't have that issue- but I have big feet and not very precise I guess.

Edited by lotus54