Beta Evo 300

endokid

Good: it's a beta

Bad: it's a 300, you'll die

FWIW, I think it's the most reliable bike in the trials field, outside of a Montesa perhaps. Certainly (again, with the exception of honda) it's the most stable manufacturer. The Beta's haven't changed substantially in years. The only real problem with mine in 120 hours were things I broke. And maybe the clutch, but that was mostly me again (poor adjustment).

The matte black paint on the frame, fork lowers and swinging arm on the 2014 can scuff, scratch and chip up, this can make it look a bit scruffy.

The red 2013's always look mint!

You'll probably want to go over it with the spanners, make sure everythings tight (like the rear sprocket bolts)

Some of the threads in the alloy frame can strip, usually the ones that hold the seat/rear mudguard on or have been threadlocked.

A cheap M10 thread insert kit will sort those.

Buy some reticulated foam and stuff it around the top of the rear shock, this will stop a lot of water splashing up into the air box.

As normal with Betas, those grills in the seat break free, you can mess around with hot glue and the likes and it might work for a while.

I ended up screwing the things in place.

Each grill held with 3 countersunk socket caps fitted flush. I used tiny M2's in black so they are hard to spot.

No way they are coming off again!

Clean and gently squeeze up the small, push on spade connector on the coil.

It can rattle loose and it's in the firing line for muck and water.

Make sure there's plenty of meat on the brake pads, they don't like it when they are thin.

Re clutch, there's a guide to cleaning the friction plates up on this forum.

There's also this

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/STT-2012-3-Evo%20300%20clutch%20set%20up.pdf

The UK 300's came with a flywheel weight, it might have been removed by now.

It's worth having, they work well with them fitted, but if it's still a bit of a handful, try a slow action Domino throttle (Black tube slow, White tube fast).

• Like 1

Had a go on the bike today, and i am glad to say i am still alive.

Put a slow action throttle on it and it is just perfect for me power wise.

only problem with it is the clutch is very noisey when engaged.

I also noticed i have to use the clutch a bit more when going realy slow compared to my rev3 250.

Edited by endokid

Changed the gearbox oil to some Putoline Nano 75w has transformed the clutch action on the bike,also the 10/42 gearing is perfect. Done some nice big hill climbs yesterday and plodded about for about 2.5 hours.

The bike was perfect nice and smooth but plenty of power when needed glad i got one.