Wtc Canada?

evolution

I live Idaho and I'm interested in completing in the Pacific Northwest. I've been confused for months, at first I thought WTC was the world trials championship but now after reading into it I discovered it means world trials Canada. My question is are they affiliated with each other? Can anyone tell tell what events to attend on the Canadian side of the border?

Ray Rotney

Edited by evolution

Unfortunately you wont find much truthful information on "TrialsCanada| about the WTC. And yes WTC does stand for World Trials Championships.NO they are NOT attached with anything.The World Trials Championship is run by the World Governing body for motorcycle sport, the FIM. Each country has an official federation that is part of the FIM family. In the USA that is the AMA. In Canada, it is the CMA. "World Trials Canada" has nothing to do with either.In fact it is not recognized by ANY Trials sporting association, other than itself.

Edited by steve fracy

Ray you have stumbled into a Canadian civil war. And if anybody can have a "civil" war it's Canadians. There is a bit of bickering over who owns the Canadian national championships but for you, who just wants to go play it really doesn't matter. Check all the websites, find events you can get to and go play. My trips into Canada here above New England for ATAQ events have been wonderful. Friendly people,  pretty girls, good sections, great organization. Did I mention the pretty girls, speaking french!

Thanks for input, I don't want to be blamed for starting a civil war in Canada that's for sure! I understand that there's a couple strongly opininiated people on either side of this dispute. In my opinion why doesn't the WTC just change the name to take the confusion out of this whole situation?

It was a spin off of the WEC Word Enduro Canada, I agree the name could have been better thought through. People got fed up with the way the CMA was running things so decided to give people an alternative for enduro and trials. Some feel it splits a very small sport, others feel it gives us twice as many events to have fun at. Come on up and give both a try and see for yourself. As far as I can tell they are both great!

I ride WTC as that is all we have here in the Maritimes. I also represent the WTC for the Maritimes and organize most of the events. I think we are a bit to small to have 2 organizations on the East coast so we went with the cheaper option. Might turn out to be a bad decision if my sponsor wants me to go pro and ride internationally one day (but kind of unlikely as I am 53 yr old intermediate rider) :).

Edited by michael_t

Thanks for input, I don't want to be blamed for starting a civil war in Canada that's for sure! I understand that there's a couple strongly opininiated people on either side of this dispute. In my opinion why doesn't the WTC just change the name to take the confusion out of this whole situation?

Hey Evolution, no worries so don't think twice.You were right to question the name, It is rather silly.I could go on and tell you the real story but it doesn't apply here. We have some great riding up here in Canada. You will enjoy any event you go to. There is no civil war, but unfortunately a small group of mis-informed people who use the internet and facebook to further confuse what is a great group of people. It will sort itself out pretty shortly. The truth is always the winner! Keep your feet up and have fun.

Steve

Ray you have stumbled into a Canadian civil war. And if anybody can have a "civil" war it's Canadians. There is a bit of bickering over who owns the Canadian national championships but for you, who just wants to go play it really doesn't matter. Check all the websites, find events you can get to and go play. My trips into Canada here above New England for ATAQ events have been wonderful. Friendly people,  pretty girls, good sections, great organization. Did I mention the pretty girls, speaking french!

Dan, there is NO bickering over our National Championships. In the sporting world of Trials, there is only one Sanctioned Federation for each country that is recognized throughout the World of the sport.For that there is NO debate. It seems the only issue we have is mis-informed riders. The events from coast to coast will all be fun. I too have had nothing but great experiences riding with the ATAQ, and as well the time I have spent riding in New England.

Steve

I live Idaho and I'm interested in completing in the Pacific Northwest. I've been confused for months, at first I thought WTC was the world trials championship but now after reading into it I discovered it means world trials Canada. My question is are they affiliated with each other? Can anyone tell tell what events to attend on the Canadian side of the border?

Ray Rotney

Ray,

Why don't you just ride with the Spokane area Club?:  http://inwta.com/

Good group of fellows.

or even this group  http://www.observedtrials.com/      farther to your west.

Will be holding a National this year.

Jack

Edited by sideup