Fantic 200 Footrest Relocation

tjp

Hi all,

Just got myself a lovely little fantic 200 (rear kick). It is very original and I'm considering moving the footpegs. 

Can anyone recommend an engineer/fabricator/welder, preferably in the southwest of England to carry out said work? 

For you guys and girls that have tried these great little bike with both original and relocated pegs, how do you find the difference? Is it an essential mod?

Thanks in advance for any advice and opinions

tjp

The biggest improvement is the wider footrests that get fitted, I did move mine back and down a little bit (approx 15mm down 20mm back) but I'm 6'5 so wanted to stand more upright on it. Don't get talked into steering angle mods this not needed on the 200 minarreli, but check the webbing that connects the top tube to the down tube under the tank, it may be cracked, easy weld job if it is.

As furse says, i dont think it needs a headstock change but yes yes do look at the footrests. If you wanna keep the same position do so but i lower and move about 3 and 3 cm. Most important, and my reason for getting a grinder out..the footrest mounts if standard will more than likely be cracked...unless its been in a museum. Maybe the cracks are only visible if you sand blast the bracklets but I would not wanna take the rist with standard bracklets unchecked

Tjp, best thing I could recommend is have a look at yellow pages find a few companies locally and just give them a call, go see them and see who gives you a warm feeling!

Thanks axulsuv, I guessed it would be something like that. Might have to try some in my bike.

When electric welding you must first disconnect the coil wires, plug top as well as battery terminals this applies to any vehicle bike, car, tractor or truck both petrol and diesel.

Footrests with a bigger platform area are definitely the way forward, you only have four points of contact between you and bike so good footrests and bar grips are essential.

Edited by trialsrfun